The church was sold to the borough in 1915 for the sum of $1,400. This included a $400 judgment the church had filed against the borough because when First Street was widened it infringed on church property. The sale included all contents of the building except: Pulpit, Bibles, hymnals and clock. The borough also agreed to move the church 12-feet from its original location, which was done for $447.
The first borough council meeting in the former church took place on November 2, 1915.