The Borough Of New Albany
Saturday, August 19th, 2017
Home | Contact | Site Map

Wyalusing Borough History

The Wyalusing Baptist Church (Currently, Town Hall)

Baptist Church Tin
This tin contains an image of the Baptist Church and its pastor, Rev. W. W. Wilbur
Click the image for a larger view.

The church was sold to the borough in 1915 for the sum of $1,400. This included a $400 judgment the church had filed against the borough because when First Street was widened it infringed on church property. The sale included all contents of the building except: Pulpit, Bibles, hymnals and clock. The borough also agreed to move the church 12-feet from its original location, which was done for $447.

The first borough council meeting in the former church took place on November 2, 1915.